Be Free... Be Creative... Be the Developer...
In August 2011, Crytek launched the Free CryENGINE 3 SDK for all of you who want to create totally new content on CryENGINE. If you just want to make fun, free projects, you can do that free of charge. If you want to try and commercialize your game, we'll be here to help you with that.
We value our community and we love what they do with our engine
Our modding and independent development community has been, and remains, very important to us. This time around, we're going to do things in a different way - offering the community the right tools to achieve their vision. For teams looking for even more creative freedom than what was given in the Crysis 2 Mod SDK, we also have another option: The Free CryENGINE 3 SDK.
- In August 2011 we launched the free CryENGINE 3 SDK.
- If you want to use it for fun, like all our previous MOD SDK's it will be completely free of charge, to anyone who wants to play with it!
- You just register, download the SDK with a personalized license key and you're good to go!
- We'll be giving you access to the latest, greatest version of CryENGINE 3 - the same engine we use internally, the same engine we give to our licensees, the same engine that powers Crysis 2.
- This will be a complete version of our engine, including C++ code access, our content exporters, game sample code, script samples, new improved Flowgraph and a whole host of great asset examples, which will allow teams to build complete games from scratch for PC.
Be The Developer
- We'll also be sharing our documentation with you, which is written by the developers of the engine, and we'll be giving you a new and improved community portal: www.crydev.net. We'll update the Free CryENGINE SDK regularly, to make sure you have access to all the advances we make to CryENGINE 3.
- If you want to use it to make a game to launch commercially, we'd like to help you with that. If you want to take your product down a traditional commercial route, we will offer an innovative low cost licensing model if you want to release your game digitally.
- If you're looking to use CryENGINE for non-gaming purposes, we'll have a per-seat business model for the engine - please inquire at mycryengine.com for further details.
If you are using CryENGINE 3 for the first time, the Getting Started article will assist you with the first steps.
Additional help to setup 3ds Max & Maya exporters can be found in the Installing Exporter Plugins section.
Read the About CryENGINE section for copyright notice and to learn more about the third party software included.
The following section contains fundamental information useful for everyone using CryENGINE.
Be sure to look at the CryDev Forum to share information with fellow CryENGINE users.
Click here to expand...
There are no pages at the moment.